![]() |
| This is not James. I'm just trying to psych myself up for this. |
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Toothless
One of my most favorite things about babies is their toothless smile. Especially, of course, James. I have been hoping that his little teeth won't come in until he is 8 months or so. Well my hoping has been in vain. Wednesday I took James to the doctor for his 6 month check up and my pediatrician mentioned that it looked like James was getting some teeth. No, I thought to myself, that can't be true and I forgot about it. Friday James got a hold of an envelope and before I knew it he had sucked off a piece. I reached my finger in to get the paper but I didn't find the paper, instead I found teeth. The bottom front two are poking through. I couldn't believe it at first and I had Gregg come check. Sure enough it is really teeth. I'm still a little sad about it because I did want his gummy smile to stay a little while longer. However I was also amazed at how well James was taking this whole teething thing. He really hadn't been fussy or drooly more than normal. It does explain James waking up more at night and the fact that he chews on the bottle instead of sucking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Leah didn't get her first tooth until she was a year old. So... really late! I didn't mind as much b/c I was nursing up until then, but then transitioning to solid food really stunk b/c she couldn't chew it very well. So, we stuck with baby food for a long time.
ReplyDelete