After Libby was born I was blown away by how fast James seemed to grow up. I knew that being compared to a newborn he was going to seem bigger physically but I wasn't really prepared for how mature he became. He is such a big help to me. If I need something, I just have to ask and James is really good about getting me whatever it is I asked for. He loves Libby and wants to help with her all the time. When she cries he wants to "kiss it better" and give her big hugs. Other times when she wakes up from a nap, he'll come find me and tell me that Libby is sad and that I need to go get her. He tells me all the time that Libby is hungry and I need to feed her. He is so concerned about her all the time. This past Sunday we were sitting next to a couple with a 16 month old little boy. The little boy was very curious about the baby and wondered over to check Libby out. James did not like that at all! He pushed his way in between the little boy and Libby and gave the little boy a really dirty look like he was saying "Back off kid!" It was so cute. He is already protective of his sister.
James also seemed to pick up on things faster than prior to Libby. Before I would try to sing to him and he would look at me like I was stupid then run away to find another toy or something. It was really frustrating to me. But after Libby was born it was like a light switch. Suddenly he knows the songs and sometimes will try to sing them with me. He is doing better at counting and knowing the alphabet. He can count to 10 without a problem and will try to keep going. My favorite number is "twelven" which come after 10. It cracks me up every time. James will get almost all the letters and their sounds right as well. He is talking more in complete sentences or tries really hard to talk in complete sentences.
Granted James has also become much more mischievous since Libby was born. He struggled going to bed. A couple nights Gregg went in to check on him only to find him totally naked, diaper off and everything, and had peed on the bed. I think that happened twice before we decided that it had to stop. Now we sew the zipper shut at night so there is no way for him to take it off. After we started sewing him shut at night then he decided to put things like his magnetic alphabet letter down his pajamas. James tries to test his boundaries, getting into things he knows he shouldn't, using his bat against things that he shouldn't, throwing things he knows he shouldn't like books. There have definitely been some rough days but all in all James has adjusted to Libby extremely well.
 |
| The tower James built by himself. |
 |
| He loves building towers. |
 |
| James and his cheese grin. So cute! |
 |
| Next to building towers, James loves to knock them over. |
 |
| Dancing! |
 |
| Most days James runs around without pants. It is near impossible to keep his pants on. |
No comments:
Post a Comment