Oh how we love our little lady! It seems like she has always been in our family. Libby Paige Wilson decided to join our family on Nov. 4, a week after the due date. After having both my kids go over the due date, maybe next time I'll just plan on it being a week later and that way I won't be so disappointed and anxious.
Not knowing when she would come, my mom came up a week before my due date to make sure she was around. Libby, however, had other plans or was too comfortable or something. I was starting to get nervous because I didn't want to go over my due date as being over due is one of the risk factors for meconium aspiration and I did not want to go thru that again. My doctor was well aware of my concerns so at my 39 week appointment we talked about starting me. My body, however, had not progressed enough and she didn't feel comfortable starting me. So we waited. I would have contractions almost every morning but they would stop before noon. At my 40 week appointment on Halloween, she said that I had progressed enough and she would start me the next day if the hospital ok'd it. Of course they didn't. I would have to wait until Monday morning to be started if the baby didn't come before then. More waiting.
Sunday Nov. 3, I woke up to contractions every 10 minutes. I was super excited thinking that this was it, we would have a baby today. Once again my contractions only lasted thru the morning then quit. Lame, lame, lame! I was disappointed but since I knew the next we would have a baby for sure it wasn't too bad. At 1 a.m. I woke up to some pretty intense contractions plus they were coming every 5 minutes. I waited for about 45 minutes or so then woke Gregg up. We grabbed our stuff then headed for the hospital.
At the hospital they got me all checked in and hooked up to an IV. After an hour they called in the anesthesiologist. At the time he was giving me the epidural I was so frustrated because I felt he was taking forever but as I look back on it, he was just being cautious and thorough. He stayed for twenty minutes after to make sure my vitals were good. This epidural was very different from the one I had with James. It wasn't a continuous one, just a syringe. I liked it a lot more than my other one. It took most of the pain away but I was still in control of my body.
At 7:15 a.m. my doctor broke my water. At first she said it was clear then she paused. Nope there was meconium. That really freaked me out. I remember looking at Gregg and squeezing his hand. My doctor left to call the pediatrician just in case. At 7:30 I was starting to feel pressure and by 7:45 Libby was born. At first Libby didn't cry. It felt like forever but I think it was only 10 seconds then she let out a healthy cry.
Libby is a good baby. She took to eating like a champ. I hardly had to help her at all. She did it all on her own. Most of the time I have to wake her up to eat but when she realizes she is hungry, I better feed her pronto or she gets super upset. Burping is another story. She holds on to those suckers like they are something special. Libby cuddles way more than James ever has and loves to be bounced. Libby squeaks and grunts all the time. It is so cute! All in all she is a good baby and so adorable.
She is beautiful Sarah! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYay! So happy that she's here... congratulations! She is SO adorable!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new beautiful girl!!! She's darling!
ReplyDelete