Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mustache May and a near disaster

In all the years I've known Gregg, he has never been a fan of having facial hair on himself.  It drives him crazy.  So I was quite surprised when he and a friend from work decided that they were going to do Mustache May.  I don't mind but it has been a little weird and took a little getting used to because Gregg never has facial hair or doesn't grow it out much before he shaves.  So with that said, I'm not exactly sure how long this will last. What's funny is that they started growing their mustaches a week ago, before May even started.  As you can see even after a week of growing it, it is still pretty thin.

It really doesn't look bad, just kinda weird.

And now for the near disaster.  James is such a good helper in the kitchen.  He'll watch me cook without bugging me for a taste or whine about what we're having.  He also loves to watch me do the dishes.  Well actually I think this is more is fascination with running water but whatever he likes it.  He also helps me put the dishes away by sucking on and playing with a choice few while I put them away.  Yesterday as I was putting the dishes away I gave him the measuring spoon to play with.  As I continued to put dishes away I forgot that I had given it to him.  When I was done I put him down for a nap and then came back to the kitchen to make some toast for lunch.  I put a slice in the toaster then turned away to fix the rest of my lunch.  I almost immediately started smelling something burning so I popped the toast up and looked inside.



I'm not sure how James managed to fit it in there or how I missed it but either way it could have been disastrous.  I guess I need to be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment