Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The best 2 years...

Well at least best 2 years as of yet.  I think back at the time I had James, I really had no idea what I was getting myself into or the incredible little boy I get the privilege to raise.  He has changed my life and definitely made me a better person.

James' middle name should be "Nonstop".  From the time he wakes up in the morning til bed time, he just goes.  There are few things that he will actually sit still for for  more than few minutes, stories and some movies (if the movie has cars, trains, or Mr. Incredible than he is mesmerized.).  He loves the iPad and is content to play that for a little while but that is it.  I try to color and have him do small crafts but those only last so long.  Even when we go to the playground he'll go down the slide, run to other end of the playground, run back, climb up the steps, climb down, run around, climb back up, go down the slide, etc.  Gregg and I have tried to have him lay by us in bed but it is disaster.  James just rolls around, climbs in and out of the blankets, twists, turns, putting his face right up next to ours and breathing heavily.  He seriously wears me out.

Because James is always on the go and his deep love for balls whatever shape or size, he has developed a love of sports.  I really don't think it matters what sport either as long as there is a ball.  He can pitch the ball better than any 2 yr old I know of.  Seriously I am not kidding.  He can rocket that ball (The best thing about playing baseball with him is that I don't ever have to shag the ball.  James will do it ever time.).  He can kick the ball pretty far and hard.  Recently he has learned to spike the ball and does dang good too.  One of his most favorite places to go is the "big dunk hoop" which is the gym at the school.  He loves to go and just kick and throw the ball around and he is constantly asking to go to the "big dunk hoop".  One thing that this love of balls has done for him, is made him tough.  He can get hit, bonked, banged, fall down, run into, whatever it is and rarely cries.  Sometimes he'll come up to us with a sad look on his face and ask us to "kiss better" then he is good and back to whatever he was doing before.

Even though James is tough, he has a sensitive side and will freely give hugs and kisses even when one isn't requested.  He is very particular, though, about things.  They have to be just so before he can move on, like mommy sit in the right spot or daddy standing up instead of sitting to play catch.  He'll keep telling you until you get it right.  James is very clean about some things.  He'll throw away his trash or put his dishes in the sink without being asked.  He is really good about throwing diapers away even though it may take him a minute to decide which trash can to put it in.

One thing that James excels at is eating.  He'll eat almost anything.  Granted somethings he may need some bribing but its a good thing we can bribe him with water.  Breakfast is by far his favorite.  He'll put down way more than I can.  Pancakes are his favorite.

James also is starting to say really funny things.  He came out of his room from a nap the other day and asked, "How you doin'?" in a very manly, Italian accent kind of way.  He'll gabber your ear off and be so intent about it.  He knows a lot of words and can imitate almost anything.  He says short sentences, but when he is really trying to tell you something, its mostly gabber with a few distinct words.

I could go on and on about this cutest little dude but it is so hard to really capture his personality and happiness in a few short paragraphs.  He may be extremely stubborn at times (which he does not get from me) and may try my patience but I'm so glad he is mine.





Just a video of the best sound in the whole world.




1 comment:

  1. James is so cute! Love that video... Dallin had the biggest grin on his face the whole time he was watching!

    ReplyDelete