I love James to pieces! He is constantly cracking us up with the things he says and does. For instance at dinner the other night we were having corn on the cob. We cut some off the cob and put it on his plate. James LOVES corn so it was gone in no time and left him begging for more "pa corn" as he calls it (Funny because we really don't eat popcorn all that often.). I had eaten most of mine so I just gave him the cob. It took him a second to figure out what to do with it but when he finally got it, his eyes got big and he looked pretty surprised. All he could say before he scarfed down the rest was, "OH UMMY!" Gregg and I laughed pretty hard. Funny boy.
Gregg and and I have really tried to get involved with our new little community and one of the best ways is to attend the high school events. Thankfully we know all about them since Gregg is there everyday. A week ago it was homecoming which is pretty big here. They have a parade and make it a community event to crown the homecoming king and queen. On the day of the parade James and I met up with Gregg and we walked to Main to get a better view. There weren't a whole lot of people where we were standing and James was the only kid around. I wasn't expecting candy but the high school kids had gone all out. They threw him TONS of candy. There were multiple comments from the kids in the parade about how cute James was so he needed candy or how they had bought way too much candy and since James was the only kid around they unloaded. At first I was just going to take a hand full but an elderly lady standing by pulled out a plastic bag and the other adults standing there proceeded to help pick up all the candy and put it into the bag for James. It was very different from Blanding where you have to fight the 30 kids around for one piece of candy. Spoiled boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment