Sunday, May 5, 2013

Road Trip

In April Gregg had a couple job interviews, one in Montana and one in South Dakota.  We decided to make a road trip out of it and thought it would be fun.  We borrowed a portable dvd player from Laura and Jared (The dvd player saved our sanity.  I don't know how we would've survived without it.) and went on our way.  Our first stop was West Yellowstone, MT.  Gregg and I had been there before on our honeymoon so we knew what fun things we could do.  We went to a bear and wolf reserve which James loved.  Unfortunately we didn't have time to go into Yellowstone but I guess we'll just have to make it back someday.  Our next stop was Lemmon, SD for Gregg's other interview.  It went well and we cruised the town before we headed down to Rapid City and Mt. Rushmore.  At Mt. Rushmore we met up with David and Melissa.  It was so good to see them again.  We went swimming a couple times and went to Mt. Rushmore before heading home.  The drive home was horrible.  It was way too long and it didn't help that James was running a high fever and refused to sleep unless he was in our arms.  We finally made it home and back to our beds.  The trip had its ups and downs and I'm not sure that we will ever try to do that much driving in so short a time again but it was fun.

 


Getting James to hold still for a picture is near impossible.

Daddy and James in front of the wolves.



James had blast with David and Melissa.  I guess they are way more fun than mom and dad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment