Sunday, October 7, 2012

Holy Cow!! I have a 1 year old!

What in the heck happened here?  I thought I just had a baby.  I blink and he is one.  However it has been the hardest and most rewarding year of my life.  I can't even believe how many blessings I've received and how much I've learned from having a child.  James is probably one of the most easy going babies ever.  He sleeps great and eats great.  The only thing that he hasn't liked thus far is cow's milk.  I've been trying to introduce it to him slowly but every time I give him some he just spits it back out.  Since he has never done this before I'm trying to figure out the best way to get him to like it and drink it. 

James started walking early in September and has been nonstop since.  It didn't take him long to get the hang of it and now he practically runs everywhere he goes.  Sometimes he doesn't look where he is going and is going to fast and then he runs into walls and corners.  He is a tough kid though and maybe whines for a few seconds then is up and running again.  Last Wednesday I took him to the doctor for his well check.  He got five shots.  He cried for maybe 20 seconds then was done and was back to normal.  The nurse was surprised at how well he did and told me that not many kids are that good about it.  In front of our apartment we have 3 concrete steps leading down to our door.  One Saturday I was watching my brother's kids and took them outside.  I lost track of James.  Next thing I know he tried to go down the steps and fell to the bottom.  Needless to say he was screaming pretty loud but it only last a minute or so.  He was fine with only a very small bruise but I definitely cried more than he did.

Now that James is walking he has become way more independent.  Most of the time he just walks and runs around the house, carrying toys from one room to the next and back again.  I find that I can get more done now then I ever could before.  James will still come and find me and want me to play with him but sometimes it only lasts 10 minutes before he is back doing whatever he was before.  James loves to be chased.  Every time we say, "I'm going to get you!", he grins really big, squeals and runs away laughing.  James laughs and smiles so easily and at everything.  He is so fun to be around.  Here are some other things about James:

-LOVES big trucks and buses.  He gets so excited every time we see one.
-Likes to throw whatever he is holding.
-Has learned to dunk the ball on his hoop.
-Has 8 teeth. 4 top and 4 bottom.
-Dirt has become one of his best friends.  Every time we go outside, he heads to the dirt.
-Is super social.  He gets so excited when ever he sees other kids.

Cute curl!

Sweet boy loves his lamb.

Having a picnic.

He found some chocolate. He bit it open and got it everywhere.

Aww dirt.  So fun.

I have no idea where he found a pen but he colored all over my couch.  Thank heavens for Resolve!



Like I said, James learned to dunk and is now a pro.  He makes our family so much happier and we couldn't imagine our life without out little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment