Thursday, February 9, 2012
Thoughts
For the past week or so we've been trying to get James to put himself to sleep in his crib. He does fine at night and puts himself to sleep just fine. Its during the day that he really struggles. He cries and cries without stopping. I absolutely hate it and it breaks my heart but he needs to learn to do it. The other night after I had finished nursing him and he had fallen asleep I was struck with the thought that Heavenly Father knows exactly what I'm feeling. He sent us to earth so that we could learn and grow and one day return to Him. Part of that is trial and adversity. Heavenly Father lets us have trials to overcome so that we can learn and grow but that isn't to say that it is easy for Him. I can't help feeling that as our ever loving Heavenly Father, it is hard for Him to watch us struggle and go through hardships. Just like earthly parents He wants to protect us and keep us safe but He knows that he only way for us to learn and grow is to go through trials and hardships. So He lets us. Just as I want with all my heart to make it easy for James and to help him anyway I can, the only way he will learn is if I let him go through it. It is hard for him and for me but in the end it will be of great benefit. I am so grateful that I can turn to my Heavenly Father and ask for His help whenever and where ever. He may not take my burden away but He will make it so that I can bear it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment