Last weekend Gregg and I went camping out at Turn Island. We both had the day off so spur of the moment we decided to go. It was a blast! It is a half mile hike down boardwalk from the road to the campsite. The campsite it right off the beach. There are two platforms big enough for a tent and a picnic table. There is a firepit on the beach protected by tree overhang. It is gorgeous!! We spent alot of our time fishing and I fell in love with it! Gregg promised that after his next shift he'd take me to go again. We caught a lot of bull fish and Gregg caught a couple trout. I almost caught two trout but they somehow managed to escape. Darn fish. While we were fishing we saw a whale, humpback style dive a few times. Total awesome sauce! Only bad part is that neither of us had a camera. Boo. Well well we had so much fun that we didn't want to leave. Hopefully we'll be able to go again sometime soon.
Beautiful Alaska
Our tent
Inside our tent
One thing that I absolutely love about Gregg is that he will be a dork with me.
My first of many bull fish. They aren't any good to eat but they were sure fun to catch.
Looking studly with one of his bull fish.
I spy with my little eye...............Can you see it?
Having a blast!
We sure missed you two at the family reunion! But it sure looks like you're having fun up there in Alaska! I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeleteUm ya...GORGEOUS! I think Scott and I will come stay with you okay :) What a fun adventure.
ReplyDelete