Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oh my! 11 Months!

What in the world?  I am seriously having such a hard time comprehending that James is now 11 months.  It has gone by so quick, it's ridiculous. Especially these last couple months.  We've been super busy this summer and I started working again so now I have even less time.  On the days I work I sometimes feel that James takes leaps and bounds while I'm away.  I sure miss him when I'm working.  Its good though because he gets to play with Levi and the two have become good friends.

James started out the month by getting three new teeth. Two on the bottom and one on top.  I love his smile and he is so willing to give you one.  He loves to use those new teeth eating.  I know I've said this before but he will eat anything and he loves it.  Anytime he sees food especially when he knows what it is he starts panting and grunting and freaking out because he wants some so bad.  Its so cute when he grunts and pants that sometimes I tease him just to get him to do it.  James would probably eat all day long if I let him.  He has also finally figured out the sippy cup and loves water.  Its good because for a while I thought I was going to have to breastfeed him for a long time so he wouldn't get dehydrated.

James is sleeping well.  His naps have never been long.  If he sleeps longer than an hour during a nap, its a miracle.  I'm fine with it though because he sleeps through the night like a champ.  Every once in a while he'll wake up in the night and he'll whine but most of the time he just puts himself back to sleep.  Its a good thing that he gets so much sleep because the kid rarely stops moving during the day. Crawling everywhere and into everything.  He can stand on his own and sometimes will venture a step or two but that's about it.  He does really well walking when holding onto a finger so I'm sure any day now. James also does well with stairs.  He can go up very well but going down not so much. James loves to dance and clap too.

One thing that James has always loved it the water.  He thinks it is the bomb-diggity.  Bath time is a hoot.  I turn on the water and he pulls himself up and tries with all his might to climb over the side of the tub.  I've also taken him swimming numerous times.  We don't even get inside and he sees the water, he'll get really tense, grunt, and point.  He loves to slash in the water, get dunked, and jump off the side.  He is pretty good about laying on his back as long as I have my hand under his head. Here are some other things that James loves:
-unrolling toilet paper
-the light up scale in the bathroom
-knocking down block towers
-money (He loves to pull the bills out of my wallet.)
-books (Mostly just flipping pages and pushing them on the floor.)
-the computer and cellphones (He even holds the phone up to his ear.)
-CDs
-paper and napkins
-head bonks (If you ask James for a head bonk, he'll give you lots of head bonks.)
-and light switches (He can flip them down but sometimes has a hard time flipping up.)

We love James and I couldn't imagine my life without him!

James and Levi heading bonking.

Already asking for money.

I love this!

James can be a real goof.

What a stud in mom's glasses.


1 comment: